Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy dancing: Spread the infection around

I know I am late on this one...its been there on all the big blogs over the last week: Matt & his almost clumsy dancing, accompanied by a haunting melody.

Statistics first, the video was uploaded on Youtube on 20th june 2008, which means it is exactly a month old today. It has been viewed 7,285,989 times, which means 3 views every second. How much more viral can it become? A simple, almost goofy video generates interest that companies spend millions of dollars to generate. (I am sure Stride did not spend that much).


Why did this become a such a huge viral? May be because it generated the same feeling amongst millions, that I felt when I first saw this video: Happiness, qualified and unconditional happiness. It brings out the optimist in you that Life Matters!

The background track is the musical rendition of a verse from Tagore's Gitanjali. Its English translation goes something like this:

"The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.
It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment."


Truly, if I may use, Connecting People.

1 comment:

Ruchika said...

sometimes the simplicity of life gets u completely by surprise!! this video i think is a clear example of that... love it!!! and the verse as usual is mind-numbingly good..
:-)

keep up the sharing pls...